We all think we know how to moisturize, but we each have our own way of doing things. Some are habit, some are learned from unreliable sources. The wonderful fact is, there are ways to moisturize that are more effective at delivering the moisture to your skin. So let’s look at some of the things we can do to get the best skin ever.
- Use the mildest cleanser. Whether you are washing your face, your body, your toes, harsh soaps just don’t cut it. Use a mild cleanser and make sure it does not contain SLS.
- Short is better than long. Don’t spend a long time in the shower or bath. You don’t have to zip through it, but waiting until your finger-tips wrinkle is a no-no.
- Warm is better than hot. The pores of your skin open in warm water, but the hotter the water is the more natural oils are stripped off of your body.
- Use a soft cloth, never scrub your skin. If you are washing your face wash gently and only exfoliate once a week or even once every two weeks. If you scrub or overclean your face or body you risk irritating your skin.
- Moisturize within 2-3 minutes of washing your face or taking a shower. You want to provide a source of moisture while the pores are still open and your skin is freshly clean.
- Only use a paraben-free moisturizing cream or lotion. Parabens can age your skin and are associated with possible serious health risks. They are found in many skin care products but should be avoided at all costs.
- Dab on a little extra moisturizer in areas that get particularly dry or are exposed to the sun and environment more.
It’s that simple. You don’t have to buy a lot of different expensive products. The must have products are a cleanser and a moisturizer. Everything else is icing on the cake!
We have a wonderful assortment of cleansers and moisturizers, all paraben-free, at www.mangomadnessskincare.com